I’m Jack, founder of Truth Pressure, and a Christian brother committed to helping others get closer to God.
If you are interested in starting a Bible study, or need some engaging discussion material for your current group, you will find some useful material below to help you on your journey. May God bless you and your group! Thanks for visiting.
Forgotten God by Francis Chan. A series of short videos and discussion questions.
Forgotten God #1
Forgotten God #1 discussion topics
- Are you committed to pursuing truth, or are you more interested in remaining comfortable?
- Do you really want to change, even if it is difficult and requires great sacrifice?
- Do you gravitate to people that believe like you do, or embrace relationships that challenge your beliefs?
- What are you honestly pursuing most in your life?
- Are you committed to finding out what God says to you in His word for yourself, or do you primarily learn from the teachings and preaching of others?
- Do you believe that God has more for you and are you willing to change to find out what that is?
Forgotten God #2
Forgotten God #2 discussion topics
- When did you feel closest to God?
- What happened back then?
- Tell us about a time that God clearly, and unmistakably communicated with you? What did He say?
- Do you love yourself more than you are loving others?
- How do you primarily seek God, and where do you find him most?
- Do you read more books about the Bible than you do the Bible?
- Are you a good listener, or do you feel the need to be heard?
Forgotten God #3 discussion topics
- Would you describe yourself as a doer of God’s word or primarily just a hearer?
- What is your definition of truth?
- How important is truth to you, and how can we tell by looking at your life?
- Have you lost some of your passion, zeal, and love for God? If so, what steps can you take to renew that love, passion, and zeal?
- How do you share your faith with the lost?
- Have you shared your faith with someone this week?
Forgotten God #4
Forgotten God #4 discussion topics
- Did you pray over this meeting before you got here?
- How hard is it for you to be open and vulnerable with others about your faults?
- Do you receive correction well, or do you immediately defend yourself even when you are wrong?
- What causes a seared conscience according to 1 Timothy 4:1-2?
- Who has permission to speak into your life? (spouses don’t count)
Forgotten God #5
Forgotten God #5 discussion topics
- How would you describe your closest relationship with another human?
- What makes that relationship so special?
- How would you describe your relationship with God?
- How do you invest in, nurture, and protect the relationships you value the most?
- Are you a good listener when you are relating to others, including God?
Forgotten God #6 discussion topics for Bible study
- Does your life in God seem like an adventure? If not, why?
- Are you seeking God’s will for your life? What about for this group?
- Do you practice actively listening for God’s voice and expect Him to speak to you?
- What has God been saying to you recently?
- When was the last time you were truly intimate with the Lord when no one was around?
- Are you typically willing to step out and obey God even when you don’t understand? even when it makes you uncomfortable?
Forgotten God #7
Forgotten God #7 discussion topics for Bible study.
- Does the story of the Big Red Tractor describe your Church?
- What can you do to facilitate change?
- Would you describe yourself as thriving, or simply surviving?
- Who are you investing in. and what are you becoming?
- How important is prayer to you?
- Describe your prayer life.
SPIRITUAL WARFARE SERIES
Spiritual Warfare #2 Breaking the Yoke
Spiritual Warfare #3 The Mind of Christ
Spiritual Warfare #4 Guarding Our Heart
Spiritual Warfare #5 The Religious Spirit
Spiritual Warfare #6 Love and Intimacy
Spiritual Warfare #7 The Good Fight
Spiritual Warfare #8 What We Behold
Spiritual Warfare #9 Tests And Trials
Spiritual Warfare #10 Supply of the Spirit
Spiritual Warfare #11 Sword Skill
Spiritual Warfare #12 Spirit Led Prayer
Spiritual Warfare #13 Keep Watching
Spiritual Warfare #14 Be Still
Spiritual Warfare #15 Finger In The Sand
Spiritual Warfare #16 Sin Distorts
Spiritual Warfare #17 How we Hear
Spiritual Warfare #18 Reckon Yourself Dead
Spiritual Warfare #19 A Kingdom Divided
Spiritual Warfare #20 The Mark of a True Disciple
Spiritual Warfare #21 The Fear of the Lord
Spiritual Warfare #22 Becoming Childlike
Spiritual Warfare #23 Your Wineskin
Spiritual Warfare #24 The Hearing Ear